Monday, March 5, 2018

HOPE

Hope is certainty
Of what thou canst see
It’s a love of thy God
And who he had made thee to be

It’s the feeling deep inside
That all will be well
Independent of pain, trial, or tribulation
That thee hath felt

Its knowledge of the Savior
Being the man of all men
With his hopeful touch
Thou is cured of what appears thou canst

Hope is a certainty
In the final day
Arriving in his presence
Without any delay

For this I hope, everyday,
In the man above
I know he will save me
Because of his unlimited love

This week I had the wonderful opportunity to study hope. Hope is such a powerful principle. It truly is a certainty of Christ and his infinite grace. I hope in Christ because he is our only path and our only chance. Without him, we are weak, without happiness, and without hope. May we all desire to hope more in our heavenly King practicing his teachings in our life to follow his one path.

As I study hope this week, we could see various trials throughout the week. Gustavo, who loved church last week, decided that following the Lord’s path wasn’t exactly what he was wanting in his life, but I still have hope he will follow him some day. Also 3 or 4 families who promised us visits in the church all decided or were prevented from going to church. Trials can be disheartening, but in studying hope, I realized I cannot give up, get down, or disbelieve. I need to have more faith, works, and desire to change the lives of others. Because of a week full of hope, I’m more than excited to get to work in the Lord’s work everyday. I know miracles are coming my way. One scripture that touched me this week was 3 Nephi 8:1. We learn that, “there is not any man who (can) do a miracle in the name of Jesus save were he cleansed every whit from his iniquity.” I know that we all desire miracles in our lives. To be blessed with a miracle, we must be hopeful, obedient, and pure. May miracles fall upon you all!!! Be hopeful and pure and know that Christ is the only road back home.

Love, Elder Bodine

Brazilian Streets

Me and the perfect sandwich





 missin the estados unidos

 Preppin torta na cara activity

We got destroyed





No comments:

Post a Comment