Monday, April 16, 2018

New Assignment

Another sweet week in the books!!! I cannot believe how fast time is flying. I’m down to my last month on the mission. But I don’t want to think too much about that. Yesterday, I got news from Elder Tate in Caxias that Jose and Santina were baptized! He said that the baptism meeting was amazing. So that made me happy. (I will try and send photos). But let me tell you how the week went.

I arrived in Porto Alegre on Monday. On Monday, I met my new comp Elder Shell from Texas and headed to the mission office. We met up with Presidente Campos who told us what we would be doing this transfer. He then told us we would get to participate in the arrival of the new missionaries. Man this was a blast from the past. Seeing the new missionaries in the airport, greeting them, taking them to the mission office, and to the temple, was all surreal. About two years ago, I was getting off the plane in Porto Alegre getting to know Pres. And Sister Campos. They were all extremely excited and nervous to get to the field. We then prepped a mini training for the next day and ate dinner at President’s house. It was great hearing some funny stories with them and the new missionaries. The next day was filled with training and the departure of the new elders/sisters for their areas. After the meetings, Pres. gave us our first mission. Elder Shell and I learned that we’d be traveling to Gravatai, a city super close to Porto Alegre. We’d be helping the Elders of the Monte Belo Ward. We spent 3 days in their area, and it was a blast. I spent the division with Elder Gois from Curitiba. He has been on the mish for two months and has a big desire to learn. I was amazed at how receptive the people of Gravatai were. Everyone was letting us in their houses, talking with us in the street, and treated us well. What a cool area! Finished the splits with 2 baptisms of Christiano and Jennifer. They were the first baptisms of the new Monte Belo Ward! We then headed back to Porto Alegre on Sunday, reported to Pres, and we are now waiting on our next adventure. Thanks for all the love.
Elder Bodine

The Office Staff

Tchau to Caxias and elder Tate

Gravataí morning rise

Splits with Elder Gois e Elder Favoretti, and my comp Elder Shell


Baptism of José e Santina

The Crew

No comments:

Post a Comment