Monday, February 13, 2017

The Office

The weeks are flying by in the office. I don´t even know how to describe the daily life here. One day could be dealing with important documents and taking money to the bank, and another day can be calling 50 missionaries about shoes that they had bought. Overall, it is a bunch of randomness. I´ll give you an example of one of this weeks "correrias". Context: We have a missionary from Argentina who leaves next week. Right now, she can leave the country, but she doesn´t have her foreigner ID, which means she will have to pay um mil reais if she ever wants to come back. For the past two weeks, I have been trying to figure out how we can get her ID. I contacted people in São Paulo and they said that I had to mail a bunch of important documents to São Paulo and they could get everything done. They also gave me a deadline of when everything could be sent in. Tudo tranquilo, I sent all the documents in with one day to spare. The next day I was reading through the mission´s emails at about 5:15 and saw a email that translates to, "Elder Bodine forgive me a thousand times... I forgot to include one other document that you need to send us... Can you send it to us today?" So at 5:20 Elder Castle and I ran to the house, got money, and than ran through the streets to arrive at the post office right at 5:30 to send a tiny piece of paper to a random dude in São Paulo. This happens on the daily haha. It’s crazy times here. We also have been able to leave and get out and teach a little bit. We found a family this week that have a lot of potential. The dad of the fam, Luis, promised to read the Book of Mormon and go to church the next week. So we're praying everything works out with them. We are also planning an English class because everyone in the street has been coming up to us and asking if our church has an English class... So we´re hoping that that will be a good way to find new investigators, unify the ward, and reactivate members. This week we were in a meeting with Presidente Campos, when he shared a super cool scripture with us. We were talking about how we could be successful missionaries. He told us to read Joshua 3:5, which talks about sanctifying ourselves and if we do so god will grant us with many blessings. I encourage you all to ponder what it means to sanctify yourself, than commit to sanctifying, and the blessings will come. I love you all and hope you have a great week... 


Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment