Monday, October 23, 2017

Innumerable blessings

My mom just sent me an email saying that my readers (lol) are amazed by the reception of the people we teach here in Brazil... Well let me tell you about Deonaton (sounds like Jonathan in Portuguese) . Remember my last email about being observant... well the family that we found when we went to try and find a couple on that list I found in the house is amazing. The fam is made up of Adriano, Rosimara, Sabrina, e Monitelli. Their nephew Deonaton lives in their house as well. We also taught Maria who is a great friend of the family the first day we were there. Well we are now teaching Maria´s grandson who is crazy to get baptized, her daughter, son in law, husband, and neighbor (family of 5). Deonaton has already invited his girlfriend who lives in another city to come to church (she went!) and be baptized. We also are teaching Adriano´s brother, father, and sister... From one door knocked there has been innumerable blessings.... Well I don't have much time to write, but I want to tell you a little more about Deonaton. 
Deonaton is 19. When we met him, he told us that Christ was in his heart and for him that was sufficient to get back to his kingdom. We then declared his opinions and beliefs of God and Christ. We had one of the most spiritual lessons of love I have ever taught on my mission. We began to teach on Love... and how he showed love for his Savior. By the end of the lesson, he was in tears and showed us that he had learned that his original statement was wrong, that he needed repent, go to church, and be baptized in the Lord's church. Deonaton was smoking 40 cigarettes a day, was addicted to coffee, was breaking the law of chastity, and had never been to chruch. In the matter of a week, he was completely clean of all these carnal desires. He showed for us his desire to follow Christ. Never have I seen a person more committed to follow Christ. The best part is that everyone in his family wants to baptized. Adriano and Rosimara need to get married (they have already stopped smoking) and Sabrina is prepping to be baptized next week. Maria also needs to get married but Erick is so stoked to be baptized. Next week, he will give a talk in the primary. Let me tell you that I have never had a time in my mission with so many blessings, so many people willing to follow Christ. Truly it is amazing. I wish I could write about the dozens of other people that we are teaching. For example Alberth who was baptized last week has reactivated his girlfriend, and now wants his whole family wants to be baptized. Man I wish I could talk all day about our amazing investagators.... But honestly I would like to thank you all for the prayers. Most importantly I would like to thank my Father in Heaven for humbiling me and making me a better person. I love you all and have an awesome week

dave

The district

Batismo de Deonaton



That picanha though

No comments:

Post a Comment