Monday, January 1, 2018

Happy New Year!!!!

“Wherefore the Lord God of Israel saith, I said indeed that thy house, and the house of thy father, should walk before me forever: but now saith the Lord, Be it far from me; for them that honour me, I will honour. “ (1 Samuel 2:30). This scripture left me with a strong impression, that this new year I should do my best to honor God. But how do we honor God? I have learned that honor is a daily process of being honest and worthy to others, yourself, and God. We honor God through serving him and others, keeping the commandments, and living his gospel. It’s funny cause in these days honoring God is criticized, ridiculed, and mocked. (2 Nephi 18:20). But I know this promise is real, when we honor God, he will honor us. I encourage you all to read “The Abundant Life” a talk given by Joseph B. Wirthlin. The talk is super inspiring as he tells us, “Who knows of what we are capable if we only try? The abundant life is within our reach if we only drink deeply of living water, fill our hearts with love, and create of our lives a masterpiece.” I’m striving to have an abundant life in 2018!

This last week was abundant with 2 baptisms of converts. Last Wednesday, we had the privilege to baptize Irma Maria.  Maria is incredible, she has amazing faith. With 76 years of age, she had an incredible desire to follow Jesus Christ and receive forgiveness for her sins. I loved seeing her great smile every time we greeted her and taught her. Our other baptism of the week was Diogo. Diogo and I have quickly become great friends. He reminds me of some of my younger cousins. He is 13, 6’3”, 230 lbs. and loves basketball. His dog’s name is Curry!!! Man we talk a lot of basketball to say the least. He also plays on a travel team. I played some 1 on 1 with him and it was fun. He was pretty obsessed with my Lebron’s. But the coolest part has been seeing his testimony grow. I remember the second time we taught him he told us he had prayed with so much faith to know if the things we had taught we true. From that moment he has been interested in his conversion wanting to return to Christ/God’s presence one day. He also already has a friend at church. So he is doing great. His baptism was amazing, and I loved his happy/positive attitude. He is always happy. The week was filled with many other miracles. Overall, I am already seeking to live the abundant life and help others as well. Be honorable and the blessings will flow. To end this letter, I challenge you to think, to share, or even write what your membership in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints means to you.

Love, David
Baptisms of Diogo e Maria



Santa Cruz Sunsets



No comments:

Post a Comment