Monday, January 29, 2018

Still building my testimony


This week flew by. There were many moments that built my testimony. First off, Patrick, whose baptism was marked for the first Sunday in February, decided to get baptized on this Sunday. His baptism was amazing, and he said he felt the spirit super strong. Also, an inactive family that we have been working with a lot went to church. We called them up on Sunday morning, and they were sleeping. But to my surprise, they told me that in 30 minutes they would be at church. They showed up, and the members loved seeing this family return to the ward.

Here in Caxias do Sul, my comp and I have both been focusing on working with members. I have learned on the mish that working with members is the best way to find people who are ready to be converted. With members working in on the fight, these investigators will have friends and members to depend on in times of need. One way we have been working with members has been visiting them at a time different than our planned meals. I remember as a member before the mish receiving visits from the missionaries always for dinner. Now that I think about it, it was rare to receive a visit at a different time. As a missionary, my comp and I have been visiting members spontaneously. So far, the results have been awesome. It is great to see the members desire to work. To help spark this desire, we have been inviting members to remember their first feelings of being with the missionaries, being baptized, and gaining his or her testimony. We always leave the message of the restored gospel, explaining how Christ’s perfect church was put on this earth once again through the prophet Joseph Smith. At the end of the message, we bear our testimonies and invite members to once again pray and ask God if these things are true. I know that God will never leave us without an answer. When we ask in faith, he wants us to know and reaffirm the truefulness of this gospel. Truly this has been a wonderful experience, and I invite you all to once again, or for the first time, ask if these things are true. He will show you. Thanks for the love and prayers.

Elder Bodine

 First time in a fusca (retro bug)



Baptism de Patrick

My comp said, "Man i love americans" as i took this photo. All of his comps have been Americans
pictured with a capybara

With the house mates Elder Lima e Elder Gomes

No comments:

Post a Comment