Monday, March 12, 2018

Diligence

Another week in the books. Can’t believe how fast time is passing. This week was great because we had a sweet conference with Pres. e Sister Campos in Porto Alegre. Man they are truly inspired. How grateful I am that I could have them as my mission President e Sis. Every time that I can converse or be in their presence, I can feel a sweet spirit and a confirmation that they are truly called by the Lord.

This week my comp and I focused on being diligent. We wanted to have an incredible week so we decided to invite all the missionaries to talk with as many people possible. Through opening our mouths, inviting all to come to Christ, and testifying of his divine grace, many miracles were witnessed. One of my favorites of the week was Vanderlei. We stopped Vanderlei in the street and testified of the restoration of Christ’s church. He invited us to his house. We entered and he told us his humbling story. Vanderlei was an x-missionary of an evangelical church. He lost his way in the path of the Lord, when drugs, prostitution, and pride entered his life. He explained how he felt so unworthy, surrounded by a cloud of endless darkness, and incapable of praying to his father above. I have never seen a person so sincere get so sad. After his desperate plea for help, we could pass one of the most spiritual messages in my mission. We read Alma 36, which relates perfectly to what Vanderlei has been passing. As we left his house, he graciously hugged us. He whispered that to repent will be difficult. But the Lord, Christ, and many others want him to rejoin the flock once more.

This week was filled with wonderful experiences. Jose, Santina and their son accepted baptism dates along with 2 more special families. With my mind, body, and spirit focused on diligently serving the Lord, I could better understand my purpose as a missionary of the Lord. For this reason, I want to make the last 2 months of the mission the best 2 months of my life! I love this Gospel, I love my Savior, and I love this work.

Therefore my beloved brethren, be ye steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, for as much as ye know that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.


Love, Dave
 Convinced my comp to buy a guitar

Taco time

Rasberry sorvete with the comp

Thanks for the sweet gear (He finally got his Christmas package)


No comments:

Post a Comment