Monday, March 19, 2018

Halo!

Another week in the books. Man, time is flying faster than ever before. I’m loving the mish and trying to take advantage of every second. My comp, Elder Tate, and I have been focusing on opening our mouths so that all can be invited to hear the message of the restored gospel. Upon speaking with more and more people everyday, it’s interesting to see the type of people who exist in this world. There are people who are happy with life, down in the dumps, and every thing in between. Excluding backgrounds, circumstances, cultures, or livelihoods, every one has 2 options upon hearing our invitation: accept or refuse. These thoughts reminded me of Christ’s parable of the sower. As missionaries, we plant seeds (and collect the harvest), everyday. We plant seeds on the way side, in stony places, in the thorns, and in the good ground. We trust in the Lord that he shall nourish these seeds, but at times, with free choice, these seeds reject growth and are unable to produce fruits. Every time I open my mouth, I hope and pray that I plant a seed in the good ground, so that this seed bears fruit. Like Christ taught, he needs us planted in the good ground. When we are firmly planted and producing fruit, we need to help others find and stay in the good ground. Over 21 months in Brasil, I have seen many be planted in the good ground and produce wonderful fruits. What great joy it brings me to see others come unto Christ and be perfected in him. I love this gospel. I love my mission. What an amazing adventure, experience, and chance I have to represent my Savior, Lord and King. May we all be planted in the good ground in hopes to return unto him!!!

Love Dave,


The fresh cuts

Division with my peruvian compatriot Elder Pena

That suprise photo mid journal writing

Homeade guac


No comments:

Post a Comment