Monday, August 15, 2016

Another week in the books



Another week in the books!!! This week had many ups and downs. I learned an important lesson last Tuesday... My comp and I were teaching an investigator, who we had taught three or four lessons, about the commandments. Mid-lesson she just goes off. Tearing us apart. Saying how the Book of Mormon is the most ridiculous thing she has ever read and much more. I started to get mad, and my comp started to bible bash with her. The spirit immediately left the house, or as my companion would say it went tchau tchau. Without the spirit, I was nothing. I couldn’t say anything I wanted to say, I couldn’t understand my companion or the investigator, and I was incredibly frustrated. We left the investigators house and the rest of the night was brutal. So what did I learn from this night...? I learned that I truly am an instrument in the Lords hand and without the spirit I can´t teach, speak, or show how important this gospel for every one of God´s children. Because of this experience, Elder Muller and I decided to fast the next day. It was incredible to see how much of a difference teaching through the spirit makes. We were on fire... Everyone wanted to hear our message and surprisingly my Portuguese was sounding really good. Two of our investigators, vladir and Edge committed to being baptized on that day. Both are super cool people, who love our messages, but more importantly love the difference the spirit makes in their lives. Overall, a great day and a great week. 

Every day of the mission I learn something new. Whether it be about the language, myself, my companion, the gospel, or the culture, I´m always learning. It is awesome to see the progress in my testimony and language skills since I´ve gotten here. I will admit though... My portugues is pretty darn awful. But with the help of the spirit, my companion, members, and others, I learning fast (I think). I just got to have patience, be diligent in my studies, and be obedient. Sometimes I wish I could just wake up and be fluent, because I desperately want to communicate and form bonds with every person I meet. Right now though, it’s hard cause I can only say so much, but through the spirit anything is possible. Mission life isn´t easy, but in the 2 months that I have been away from home I have grown so much. I want to bear my testimony to you that I know the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the only true church on this earth. Thomas S. Monson is a prophet who receives revelation from God, the Book of Mormon can be a source of relief for any burden, and through the atonement of Jesus Christ all can be perfected. Lastly, I know that through the Holy Ghost I can be an instrument in my Heavenly Fathers hands and find the people of Brazil who have an open heart and are ready to accept this gospel. I thank you for all your prayers and support. They truly make a difference in my life. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.

Love,


Elder Bodine





 Elder Bodine made some brownies for his companion and roomies, and they were quite the hit!



No comments:

Post a Comment