Monday, November 21, 2016

Time with the APs!

This week was strange to say the least. As you read last week, my comp, Elder Robert, was hit by a car.  He actually hurt his knee pretty bad, so he had to take it easy on the walking. This meant we had a lot of time to spend in the house reading, studying, conversing, and cleaning. Lucky for me, I was able to do divisão with the LZ one day, and the APs came to town. In our mish, we have two sets of APs: APs of the President, and AP viajuntes (travelers). AP viajuntes get an assignment from President Campos, go to that city/area, and do divisão with the missionaries in that area.  Because Canela B, our area, had an emergency, Presidente sent the APs to our house. So, Thursday – Sunday, I was able to work with Elder Maciel of São Paulo.  I always love divisão because you get to see so many new styles of teaching, contacting, personality, and attitude. With Elder Maciel, I learned the importance of loving everyone you talk with. Also, how to be not just a missionary, but a friend of the investigators and members. Elder Maciel and Elder Robert were companions for over 5 months, so it was funny/cool to see the similarities in their teaching style and techniques. It was crazy having 6 Elders in the house at once.  The APs are hilarious, so it was a party every night. I don’t think I’ve laughed so hard so many times on the mish. Overall, it was a blast having the APs in Canela, and I learned a lot of things about the mish and about myself that I can improve: teaching, studying, Christ like attributes, and so much more. I learned that the mission is a constant battle. We can constantly become converted, better teachers, greater examples, and more like Christ, or we can become lazy and take steps backward. On the mish, I have learned the extra effort is always worth it. Elder Maciel showed me a scripture in Ether 12:14 which says, “Behold, it was the faith of Nephi and Lehi that wrought the change upon the Lamanites, that they were baptized with fire and with the Holy Ghost.” This verse is awesome because it’s so applicable to any member or missionary.  Lehi and Nephi, sons of Helaman, were amazing missionaries who had so much faith that their enemies accepted the Gospel. I love in Portuguese how this verse uses the word transformação instead of change. Solely, through their faith in the Lord, Nephi and Lehi transformed the hearts of thousands of Lamanites. If we keep the commandments, pray fervently for more faith, study the scriptures diligently, fast, ponder the words of modern day prophets and apostles, and participate in our callings and church meetings, there is no doubt in my mind that we can be like Nephi and Lehi transforming the hearts/spirits of any son or daughter of God through our faith and powerful testimonies. I love this Gospel. I love the gift of increasing my faith every day through sharing, preaching, learning, studying, and praying over this gospel. I love you all. Have an awesome week.


Elder Bodine

No comments:

Post a Comment