Monday, November 28, 2016

The Big Change

Oi,

This week flew by!! And I can’t believe the transfer is already over! I feel like I arrived in Canela just about a week ago. The next transfer will be a little different, but I’ll talk about that later. Finally in Canela, we had a week of heat. Ba walking around in the sun with high humidity was brutal. Plus, Canela has been cutting everyone’s water, so every time we asked pesquisadores, members, or anyone for water...they didn’t have it.  This week was a little slow for work, but I know I just gotta keep working hard.

Language update:  This week Elder Amorin and I had a conversation in Portuguese in our sleep. Haha. Elder Robert told us that we were having a convo about what we would eat the next day. But I’m feeling pretty confident with my language abilities, but I can always learn more and improve just a little bit.

The Big Change: Sunday, Elder Cerrano went to Porto Alegre to catch a plane to Argentina. He finished the mission. It was kind of surreal seeing all of his lasts (last contact, lesson, lunch com membro, and Sacrament Meeting). I’ll miss Cerrano a ton. He is such a chill, funny dude, yet focused on the work of the Lord. The other big change is that my comp, Elder Robert, is leaving for Passo Fundo (my last zone), and I will be taking his place and train here in Canela. You could say I’m excited, nervous and everything in between. This next transfer will be a huge learning experience for me. I will meet my new companion this Wednesday in Porto Alegre. Could be Brazilian, Hispanic, or American. Only time will tell. Elder Robert was an amazing companion. We were always laughing, conversing, and learning together. This most important thing I learned with Elder Robert was teaching through the spirit. Elder Robert is a spiritual powerhouse and always uses inspired questions and teaches to the needs of the investigator. He was a huge example to me, and I hope that I can have the same influence he had on me for my next companion. No one likes change, but we all need it to improve, see our weaknesses, and step out of our comfort zone. These changes will put me out of my comfort zone, but I know that’s what I need and God’s plan for me right now. I trust in the Lord, so I know this will be an awesome transfer filled with miracles, spiritual highs, trials, learning experiences, opportunities to improve and opportunities to grow closer to my Savior Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. This gospel is true, so live it! Thank you for all of your love, prayers and support.


-Elder Bodine














No comments:

Post a Comment