Monday, June 12, 2017

Trust in the Lord

Fam

Was up!!!! This week was awesome. We had a lot of work and had a bunch of investigators at church! So overall, awesome because we can start preppin’ our investigators for baptism.

We started the week off with an awesome interview with Presidente Campos in our apartment. He reminded me of some of our stories back in the staff in the start of the year, and we laughed a lot. I learned that I really need to have more faith and and confidence in those I am teaching. So, of course, I studied about confidence. Some of my favorite scripture finds were Job 13:15 and Daniel 3:17. I love the stories of Job and Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego. Their trust and confidence is so great in the Lord that they would lose their own lives before losing trust in the Lord. These scriptures and Presidente’s counsel helped me see that if I can continually trust in the Lord, then I will trust in my investigators as well to say prayers, read the Book of Mormon, go to church, and be baptized. My gramps helped me realize the importance of trust and being trustful. I remember a quote that he told me of Prophet David O. McKay, “to be trusted is higher than to be loved.” I know our Heavenly Father loves all of his children, but trusts in his children who are always seeking to keep His commandments, improve, and serve others. I want to be trusted by the Lord because with His trust, miracles will happen. The second counsel of Pres. Campos was to visit inactive members. He promised us if we tried our best to edify this branch through serving inactive members, many blessing would come.

So we focused our week on finding new investigators and teaching inactives. Man this week was awesome. So much work. We found tons of people who were wanting to go to church, know if our message was true, and inviting to come back to their houses. We also had the wonderful pleasure of seeing inactive members feel the spirit and remember the blessing of having a trustful relationship with God and Jesus Christ. I’m not gonna lie, this week was kind of ridiculous with members and inactives. Let me give you some examples. We were walking on the street, and a man working construction left the sight and presented himself as Jogo. He said he had been inactive for 8 years but had been praying to go back to the only true church. We gave him a Book of Mormon and marked a day to teach his family. Another day two teenagers passed us, and one said, “Hey, my friend wants to go to your church.” Of course I thought he was joking, but he was serious and explained how he was an inactive member and his friend was looking to get out of the bad life (drugs).  And the stories go on and on. Haha. Real blessings. At church, we had 2 families and a member inativo with his daughter who isn’t a member. Overall, awesome week, and my faith and confidence and testimony have been fortified. Thanks for the prayers and support.

Love, Dave






No comments:

Post a Comment