Monday, February 5, 2018

Caxias do Sul!!!

This week was packed with craziness. First off, we had a conference in Porto Alegre. It was awesome seeing some great missionary friends and Pres. and Sister Campos. Sister Campos gave a wonderful training on how to work with members. Specifically how to work with ward organization leaders like Elder’s Quorum, Young Women, etc. For sure I will apply her awesome training. This week we had an awesome ward activity. We planned a Noite Americana 2.0. In the activity, we had a pancake eating contest with maple syrup, name the 50 states, and many other American activities. At the end of the activity, we released a ward missionary project called “Find a Friend” with the goal of every ward member/family needs to find somebody to take to a Sacrament Meeting in the month of February. I’m praying that we can get these members active in the missionary work. It is awesome because when a ward or branch participates more in missionary work, everyone is spiritually edified. The meetings are more spiritual, everyone is more apt to serve one another, and the ward grows with more converted new members.

A scripture that stood out to me in my personal studies this week was Mormon 9:28. I love Mormon’s clear and direct counsel to the reader. He tells us to be wise, to ask God for unbreakable faith and strength to overcome all temptations so that we can better serve our Heavenly Father. If we follow this simple counsel, we will better ourselves as servants of Christ. This week was full of learning experiences, and I honestly can’t believe that I’m closing in on 20 months as a missionary. It has been in incredible experience, and I have really come to love the people of Brazil. It might seem funny, but I honestly don’t want to speak English again. Portuguese is way more natural. Haha. I could list a hundred other reasons why I love Brazil and the mission. Have a great week.
Dave
Pancake eating comp noite americana


Morning Run Sights

Morning Run



No comments:

Post a Comment