Monday, October 31, 2016

Loving Life Here

Well my second week in Canela is officially over. I still haven’t completely gotten accustomed to the new area, comp, members, and food, but I’m lovin life here. This week went by super fast. Last p-day we went to an amusement park.... don’t get me wrong it was super cool, but all the rides cost money. So we did a lot of walking and observing haha. Some of the awesome experiences from this week include: Climate change- One day we woke up and it was 0 degrees Celsius and stayed at about 5 for the rest of the day (coldest day of the mission). The next day it was 30 degrees Celsius and humid. Super strange. Teaching repentance- Our mission president has put a huge emphasis on teaching repentance and the atonement. On Sunday, I was on divisão com Elder Cerrano of Argentina when we found a couple who appeared like they would not accept our message (tattoos, piercings, beer, and cigarettes). But they let us share our message of repentance through the atonement of Christ. As we read John 3:16 and testified of how the atonement and love of Jesus Christ has for us, they both teared up. The spirit was so strong. One thing that Elder Cerrano said that had a huge impact on me was... Do you think it was easy for God to send his son, Jesus Christ, to pay for the sins, pains, sicknesses, and sadness of the world? This one question made me reflect on the importance of God’s love for us. We are all children of our Heavenly Father. He loves us enough to send his only son to die for us. Always keep your mind set on the example and light of Christ. I have seen on the mission as I stay focused in Christ my love for others has increased. I am more willing to branch out, help others, testify of the truthfulness of this gospel, and show how important repentance has been in my life. No one is perfect, but are we willing to be made perfect? What will it take to be made perfect? Ponder these questions and know that Christ was, is, and will always be perfect. I love you all. And thank you for your love support and prayers... 


Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment