Monday, April 10, 2017

Taquara Week 1

Well, I wrote a huge email with tons of sweet details, but it got deleted, and I am too lazy to write it again... so here goes a simplified version of my week. The first half of the week I passed the keys on to Elder Emerick and finished my training with him to be the next secretary. Then i got my new greenie.... Elder Pena from Brigham City, Utah. He is 18, Filipino and knows nothing about Portuguese... but he is trying which is what counts. Fun fact, he speaks Arabic and Tagalog and lived in Saudi Arabia for 12 years.... Also he was baptized in the Red Sea... so that is pretty dope. Overall Taquara is super cool. The members are sweet. They want to help us. The people are pretty receptive, and our first week we had 4 people at church which was awesome. Overall, I'm super happy to get back to the normal missionary life and can't wait for another busy week of knocking doors and finding the Lord's elect. I love you all and thank you for all your support. 

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment