Monday, April 24, 2017

Another Week in the Books!

This week I learned a ton about diligence and hope. In my last letter, I wrote a lot about faith, and after studying Moroni 7, I have noticed the importance of having hope along with your faith in Christ. On the mish if you don’t hope to witness to people to come unto Christ then you clearly aren’t fulfilling your purpose and won’t see results. Because in hope we have desire to work and achieve what we hope. Verse 41 of Moroni 7 is excellent. “And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise.” Having this faith, hope, and desire allows us to see daily progress in ourselves and others or what I like to call mini miracles. I was reading in John 2 this week when I was struck by Christ’s first miracle, turning water to wine. Yes, I have always been baffled by Christ’s extraordinary miracles, but sometimes forget to look at the symbolism of his many miracles. In that very moment, Christ changes water to wine he showed us that he truly has divine power to change us through hope and faith in his infinite atonement we can truly be perfected in him. The atoning sacrifice of Christ is marvelous because we all can be purified even as he is pure. I love teaching about Christ and his pure love for us to the people in Brazil.

As I mentioned in the start of the letter, I also learned a lot about diligence. This Saturday, my comp and I ran around Taquara personally inviting 25 of our investigators to church the following day. It was awesome cause I was completely dialed into my purpose.  I had faith and hope and we were seeing many mini miracles happen. I went to bed dead tired. Haha. I was stoked for Sunday to reap in the rewards of our work. We got to church after trying to wake up a couple investigators, and we found no one who had promised us a church appearance. At first, I was bummed, but then I started to notice people who I had never seen at church before. Four families in the ward brought friends to church. It was truly awesome! I can’t wait to get out and teach these awesome people. I know faith, hope and diligence are all Christlike attributes that we need to develop to return to his presence. I love this work and how it changes who I am and who I am becoming. Have an awesome week! Pray for miracles! And know that I love you all!!!


Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment