Monday, May 22, 2017

Christ-like Love

This week was a solid missionary week, but not anything super memorable happened. Here are some of the main highlights.

            One of our investigators has been waiting to be baptized because her mom won’t give her permission. This week her mom came to church and really enjoyed it.  I’m hoping and praying that they can both be baptized.

            We got poured on 4 times this week, which made proselyting a little tricky, but we still managed to find some good investigators.

            I went on a division with Elder Soares, my companion in Canela, and we relived the glory days. We taught one of the families he is teaching, and I was amazed by how prepared they are to become members of the Church. They are also moving to Massachusetts in a month, so I was able to psych them up about the US. I was also able to tell them how hard it is when you go to a country where you don’t know the language (none of them speak English). They were an amazing family and will make awesome members in the US!!

            Made cheeseburgers with my comp, which brought me back to American food.

            Fixed the water system in our house so that we have hot water for the first time in 8 weeks.

            And learned a lot about seeing those I teach through the eyes of Christ.

Overall, this week was pretty forgettable, but I look back at it, and there are some pretty sweet highlights. This week I focused on the Christ-like attribute of love and tried to get out of my comfort zone and serve/love others. I loved reading in 1 Thessalonians chapters 1-3. Paul was an awesome, exemplary missionary. I honestly wish I could give you an in depth thesis of what I learned and discovered, but I do not have the time for that, so here is my take away. First off, be bold in what you preach. This gospel is true, and the work of God has power and brings the spirit so be bold in testifying, promising and inviting (1 Thess. 1:5, 2:2). Teach your students with love, gently, cherishingly, and affectionately, so that they can see God’s love for all his children (1 Thess. 2:7-11). Thank God when those you teach make progress, whether it be big or small (1 Thess. 2:13). In helping others become followers of Christ, we will find joy (1 Thess. 2:14, 19-20). As we love others, they well love us, and therefore, more will follow Christ, and we to can feel more joy. This week my desire to work was so great because of my focus on trying to love all.  I was happier than ever and could feel great joy when those I taught took one step closer to being a follower of Christ. I invite you all to be bold and be an example of Christ’s never ending love. Really think of how you can treat and love all those around you. Thanks for the prayers and love and have an awesome week!


Love, Dave


No comments:

Post a Comment