Monday, May 15, 2017

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother’s Day to all you moms out there.  This week I received the wonderful opportunity to speak with my mother. She has always been such a great example to me. I am truly grateful for the never-ending love and support she gives to me. I love the story of the 2000 stripling warriors in the final chapters in the book of Alma. As we read verses 18-21 of chapter 53, we learn of the strong standards, characteristics and firmness these young men held and were examples of. It is only till chapter 57 that we learn that these men practice exact obedience because of the teachings of their mothers (verse 21). This story has shown me the priceless importance of having a loving and caring mother with a firm testimony in Christ. I can truly say that my mother’s example and testimony have carried me so far and molded me into what I am today. But most importantly, she has let me decide who I want to be and who I want to become. And like the young stripling warriors, I want to have a firm and focused testimony in Christ, trusting in him and His father continuously. I want to try my best to follow him with exact obedience. Overall, I love my mom and the wonderful person and example she is to me. I hope all you mom’s out there felt super special on your special day. But never forget that there is never a day where you stop being mom and therefor never a day where you stop being loved. Once again, thanks mom for being so awesome.

This week was pretty normal and of course had its ups and its downs. One of our investigators we had prepped to be baptized this week didn’t show up to church. Unfortunately, she wasn’t able to have her baptism this week, but I hope and pray that it will all work out in the weeks to come. One awesome event this week was when we found a family with a daughter who is extremely interested. Her name is Yara, and she promised us a church visit, to read the Book of Mormon, and always pray. She is incredibly smart. Also, we met an extremely religious family who loved our message which took away some doubts about their church. They loved the message of the Book of Mormon. Overall, it was  a week where I could see progression in myself.

The highlight though was a wonderful talk home with the fam and mom. I love you all and thank you for the support and prayers.
Love, Dave

PS Keep praying that we find people who are prepared to hear our message and make covenants with Heavenly Father.




No comments:

Post a Comment