Monday, February 12, 2018

Double Your Faith


Man mission life is crazy. Haha. You always have to expect the unexpected. This past Wednesday, my comp (Elder Martinelli) and I were returning from splits in a distant city when I got a call on the bus. President told us that my comp needed to pack his bags and head to Alvorada, a city close to Port Alegre, and that my new comp would arrive that day. Man it was rough seeing Elder Martinella go and weird only spending 3 weeks with a comp. But I learned a ton with my sarcastic mineiro comp. After waiting a couple of hours, my new comp arrived.  Elder Tate from Kirtland, Ohio. I lived with Elder Tate for 3 months in Santa Cruz. So we are excited for the work here in Caxias.

This week we studied a lot about faith. My main take aways from my study on faith were that 1. Faith is power. If we have faith anything can happen. 2. If our requests or questions or needs are not responded to or acted upon, we need to double our faith. Double our faith can signify a number of things. Study more, pray with more power and sincerity, serve those around you, put a bad habit or tendency on the alter of sacrifice, or develop Christ like attributes. When we double our faith and put in work, God grants us with our needs. Elder Tate and I had an awesome experience where we asked the Lord to grant us a miracle at church. When we were filling the baptism font, a couple walked in and told us that they were visiting for the first time. They told us how their 9 year old son had tragically passed away and how they were searching for answers. What a miracle to find a couple super prepared and ready for our message.

We also had the baptism of Bianca. Bianca is the daughter of a wonderful family that we are re-activating. Her father is a renowned vocalist and guitar player who has had many troubles with alcohol. But he desires to return and stay firm in the church. Bianca has been a light for the family because of her great desire to be baptized. Now her whole family is coming back strong. Her brother Adam is wanting to serve a mish and everything. Man, they are an awesome family. Overall, I’m stoked with the Lord’s work and trying to double my faith. Love you all and have a great week.

Dave

Caxias parks

Biancas baptism and cake



Chewbacca and Han Solo





Caxias Hills


Midevil swords



No comments:

Post a Comment