Monday, February 19, 2018

Oi Povo!

This week was interesting. I had some of the most challenging moments on the mish. Many porque or whys came to mind, but in the end, we had several miracles. This week I had a wonderful interview with Pres. Campos. I asked how I could take advantage of these last 3 months. He told me to search for that convert you’ve always wanted. A family, couple, young man who will go for the mish, and more. The interview was amazing and left me with a rush of energy and spirit to have the best last 3 months. Let me tell you why the week was rough. Many of our best investigators discontinued us, and we were having many troubles finding new people to teach. But when I started to get frustrated and was losing a little bit of desire, I found a scripture in 1 Nephi 11:17, where Nephi tells us that he knows the Lord loves him, but does not know the meaning of all things. Sometimes we won’t understand the “whys,” but we can always know that the Lord loves us. With that scripture in mind and really confide and believe that our Heavenly Father would help us. That is when we started to have success in the week….Let me tell you a couple of stories:

After a hard day on Friday, it was 7 pm, and we didn’t have anything to do. I said a prayer, and I remembered a family we had tried to visit, but were unable to find the house. So we began to search. After scouring various alleys, I felt compelled to enter an alley. We entered and after avoiding a crazy dog, we found their house. A family of 6 welcomed us in and offered us dinner. The spirit was so strong as we testified of the restoration of this church. At the end of the lesson, Suelin, the mother of the family, told us how she had lost her father 3 years ago and ever since has been in moments difficults. She has talked with a pastor of another church, and he told her that 2 people would enter in her house, leave a message of peace, and invite her to follow Christ. She cried as we promised her that she would see her father again. Man, it was one of the most spiritual lessons I’ve ever taught on the mish. On Saturday, I had one of my best days ever. We taught many people, teenagers, young adults, couples, and families. So many moments that filled us with Christ’s love. Man, I learned a lot this week. With more than 20 months on the mish, it amazes me that I never stop learning and growing closer to Christ. I love you all. Have a great week and love the Lord.


Dave

P-day hammock life



No comments:

Post a Comment